Amid these challenging times, the Christmas season enters with hope, cheer, and the anticipation of reuniting with friends and family. Indeed, a lot of us faced obstacles along the way, but it should not stop us from celebrating and enjoying the happiest time of the year together with our loved ones. Even during a pandemic, the holiday season can be quite hectic such as preparing food, putting up decorations, or buying gifts. But it doesn’t have to be stressful. Stop for a while, breathe in, and let the spirit of gratitude and love fill you as you prepare your favorite dishes and serve them alongside Welch’s Sparkling Juices.
The perfect celebratory drink for individuals who are health conscious, non-alcohol drinkers, and even kids – Welch’s Sparkling Juices is for any occasion, especially the holiday season. Since it has no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, or high fructose corn syrup, there’s no guilt in having a glass or two. Dressed for any occasion, Welch’s Sparkling Juices can make any holiday table look IG-worthy. With their upscale packaging and availability on various online channels, you can celebrate the holiday season the safe and convenient way without having to leave your home. Welch’s Sparkling Juices are suitable for a variety of festive dishes. In fact, Chef Trisha Ocampo of CCA Manila has created three distinct recipes that you can pair perfectly with Welch’s Sparkling Juices over the holidays. Plating was done by Chef Miguel Antonio Lorino, also from CCA.
Welch’s Red Grape Juice has a natural sweetness and slightly bold flavor. Chef Trisha suggests creating a tomato-based or tangy meal to balance out the sweetness of the Red Grape Juice. Hearty dishes like Pork Tenderloin Roast with Romesco Sauce are one of the best pairings – in a snap of a finger, it immediately brings an Italian vibe to the table! Chicken Picatta Cream Fettuccini is the perfect pair for your Welch’s White Grape Juice. The light bubbly sensation of the sparkling juice balances out the creaminess of the pasta and is the ultimate refresher in between bites.
On the other hand, Welch’s Sparkling Rosé has a crisp and sophisticated taste of ripe summer fruit with subtle sweetness, so a refreshing fruity dessert is the way to go. Made with fresh strawberries, tarragon, baguette, ricotta, and cream cheese, Chef Trisha’s Strawberry and Tarragon Mousse Crostini will cap any meal with delight and joy. Christmas for Welch’s means “Sharing the Sparkle.” Celebrate the holidays with Welch’s by trying out Chef Trisha’s recipes or even creating your own Welch’s Sparkling Juice pairings, whether it’s with meat, seafood, or poultry. A Product of the USA, Welch’s products are available in retail stores. To learn more about Welch’s Sparkling Juices and recipes, visit www.welchs.com or follow Welch’s PH on FB and IG. You may also have Welch’s Sparkling Juices and other Welch’s juices delivered at your doorstep by visiting https://acefoodservice.com. Or place your order on the following online groceries: metromart.com, Lazmart, and waltermartdelivery.com.ph.
STRAWBERRY AND TARRAGON MOUSSE CROSTINI
Yield: 20 PCS
20 pcs fresh strawberries, cut in half or quarters
1 pc baguette, sliced into ½ inch rounds
8 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2cup cream cheese, softened
2 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
zest of 2 lemons
1 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1-2 tbsp balsamic glaze
1. Preheat your oven to 375℉.
2. In a food processor, mix your ricotta, cream cheese, fresh tarragon, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper, until fully incorporated. NOTE: This can keep in the refrigerator for 7 days until ready to use.
3. For the crostini, slice your baguette ½ inch thick, sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven, until golden brown.
4. To assemble: pipe the ricotta tarragon mousse on the baguette, followed by sliced strawberries, then drizzled with balsamic glaze.
CHICKEN PICATTA CREAM FETTUCCINI
Yield: 4 servings
4 pcs boneless chicken breast filletsalt and pepper to taste
¼ cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup chicken stock/broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup capers, rinsed
1/3 cup parsley
500 grams fettuccini noodles, cooked as per package instructions parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Season chicken breast halves with salt and pepper. If chicken breasts are too thick, pound a little to ¼ inch thick. Dredge in seasoned flour on both sides and shake off excess.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and olive oil. Add chicken and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden. Remove and set aside.
3. Turn the heat to medium low. Add broth, lemon juice, heavy cream, and capers. Bring the sauce to a boil and return to medium low heat. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Allow the sauce to cook and bubble for about 3 minutes.
4. Serve the chicken over cooked pasta and spoon the sauce over both. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST WITH ROMESCO SAUCE
Yield: 6-8 servings
250 grams red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeds and membranes removed
350 grams tomatoes
4 pcs large garlic cloves, peeled
½ cup roasted almonds
1 to 2 tsp red pepper flakes
¼ to ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, as needed
1 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped1 tsp paprika salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp red wine
1 kg pork Tenderloin
salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup olive oil
Preheat the broiler and line the baking tray with foil.
1. Place the tomatoes on the baking tray, and place under the broiler for two to four minutes, until charred on one side. Turn over and broil on the other side for another 2 to 4 minutes until charred. Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. Peel and core.
2. In a food processor, put in red peppers, tomatoes, garlic cloves, and roasted almonds.
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the olive oil in a slow steady stream.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of red wine, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper. Process until smooth, thick, and creamy.
NOTE: If it is too thick add 1 or 2 tablespoons of red wine. If too thin, add olive oil, pulsing a few more times.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning, by adding salt or red pepper flakes as desired. Let the sauce stand for an hour at room temperature before using.
6. Meanwhile, generously season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. Put in a roasting pan then line with aluminum foil. Brush with olive oil and put in a 350℉ oven for 45 min to 1 hour.
7. To serve, slice pork tenderloin to 1/8-1/4 inches thick. Arrange in a serving tray and pour Romesco sauce on top leaving some to serve on the side.